OUR TOP 5 A-LIST COMPETITION PICKS ARE...
- GOSSIP GIRL, Cecily von Ziegesar: It's even more exciting than the A-List when it comes to drama, affairs, lifestyles
and...girls! This series is jampacked with your four favorite New York teens: Blair Waldorf, Serena van der Woodsen, Jenny
Humphrey, and Vanessa Abrams. We rate Gossip Girl #1 against the A-List competition because Cecily is such a good writer and
besides, Gossip Girl was out long before the A-List was even published. Congrats, von Ziegesar!
- THE CLIQUE, Lisi Harrison: Much like Gossip Girl...but not exactly. The Clique is about a few young teens. This series can relate to
Gossip Girl for the younger set, around the 11-14 age range, while Gossip Girl is higher and more mature. Still, The Clique
grabs us high schooler's attention and did when we were younger. Congrats, Harrison, for making it at #2 on our list for competition
against A-List. Click on Lisi Harrison's name to view her official fansite/website!
- THE IT GIRL, Cecily von Ziegsar: This series made 3 because it's not as well-written as Gossip Girl. In this one, Cecily,
we felt like you rushed your way through the series. The dailect starts off pretty poor. But as we read more we couldn't get
enough. Hooray, Cecily, on your second era of Gossip Girl. Congrats to you, again.
- THE AU PAIRS, Melissa de la Cruz: If you read "The Babysitter's Club" when you were younger, the Au Pairs will work for
you. It's like the Babysitter's Club, but edgier and racier. More elegance, wealth, drama, and humor. We loved it. Congrats,
de la Cruz! (Cool last name, by the way, lol!)
- THE DATING GAME, Natalie Standiford: It's quite inticing, really. It's like Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul...but only
about dating! Interesting and helpful, the Dating Game sparks the chart as number 5, but it's certainly different and deserves
its spot on the list. Congrats, Standiford, and keep it up!